Join us Saturday August 15 at 8:30 a.m. for All Aboard Ohio’s Summer Meeting & Family Outing! Spend the day with us riding trains and learning about recent and ongoing track and station reconstruction projects, plus station-area real estate developments!
Thank you Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority for sponsoring this fun and informative event!
Gather at All Aboard Ohio’s office at Tower City Center in the Sustainable Cleveland Center located above the Food Court and across from the Hard Rock Cafe. We’re two levels up from the rapid transit station. Tower City is the former Cleveland Union Terminal, crowned by the landmark Terminal Tower on Public Square. It is the hub for GCRTA rail lines fanning outward in five directions totaling nearly 40 route-miles and 52 stations. There is a lot to see on our guided tour…
- 8:30 a.m. Gather at All Aboard Ohio’s office for morning refreshments and briefing packets, including your All-Day Pass to ride all GCRTA trains and buses (included in registration cost).
- 9:00 a.m. depart on Waterfront Line light-rail (part of the Blue/Green lines): see progress on Flats East Bank and possible sites for a downtown intermodal hub.
- Blue Line to Shaker Heights: see track improvements at Shaker Square, reconstruction of Lee Road station and Van Aken District.
- Joyce Braverman, Planning Director, Shaker Heights, tour of Van Aken District transit-oriented development.
- Casey Blaze, Rail District Equipment Manager, GCRTA, guided tour of Central Rail Maintenance Facility.
- Transfer from Blue Line to Red Line at new East 55th station.
- Red Line to brand-new Little Italy-University Circle station: walking tour of Intesa development site and Uptown development.
- Lunch & beverage at Constantino’s in Uptown (included in registration cost).
- Chris Ronayne, President, University Circle Inc. guest speaker at lunch: recent/ongoing transit and real estate developments in University Circle.
- Red Line across the city to Hopkins International Airport: see numerous recent and ongoing track and station improvements and recently renovated trains.
- Return to Tower City Center or your original boarding station.
- Adjourn by 4 p.m.
NOTE: the above agenda after 9 a.m. could change without notice. Aug. 15 was chosen because it is the only Saturday this summer that no track, station or bridge construction project was scheduled to disrupt rail service. However, this could change and our itinerary may have to be adjusted accordingly.
Cost is $25 per person:
After you click on “Add to Cart”, you may need to scroll down the page to complete your order.
DEADLINES: Please submit payment online by Aug. 10 — remit payment by mail by Aug. 7 with check/money order payable to “All Aboard Ohio” at: All Aboard Ohio, c/o Summer Mtg, 230 West Huron #85.53, Cleveland, Ohio 44113.
HOTEL: All Aboard Ohio has set aside 10 rooms for two nights (Friday night Aug. 14 + Saturday night Aug. 15) at the Cleveland LaQuinta Airport North Hotel, 4222 West 150th St. (at I-71 & W. 150th, across the parking lot from the RTA Puritas Red Line rail station). This is not to be confused with LaQuinta Airport West in North Olmsted! To reserve a room at the W.150th location on Aug. 14 and/or 15 with an AAO group rate of $85.50 per night (doubles or king size beds, not including tax) call the hotel directly at 216-251-8500 and mention “All Aboard Ohio” when booking. Guests pay at check out. The AAO group rate is good until July 31.
LATE REGISTRATION: To make a late registration by Aug. 10 and pay at the door, contact Executive Director Ken Prendergast at (216) 288-4883 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the Summer Meeting, leave your full name, number of persons in your party and your phone number. Thanks!